Front End Mobile Developer
send resume & portfolio to smile[at]theweallife.com
LOCATION: San Francisco Bay Area
COMMITMENT: Full time consultant. Reports directly to the CEO and collaborates with the Head of Product and the UI/UX Design team. Possibility to extend engagement to permanent role in company after beta application launch.
Weal Life is recruiting a talented front-end mobile developer to join our team in San Francisco as we build our beta mobile application. We seek someone with experience as the primary developer for a mobile application from idea to implementation. This is a role for someone who loves building consumer technology in a start-up environment and is passionate about applying their talents to make a positive difference in the world.
Responsibilities include bridging the gap between graphical design and technical implementation of Weal’s responsive application, taking an active role on both sides. This includes assessing and prioritizing features, developing new user-facing features, building reusable code and libraries for future use, ensuring the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs, optimizing the app for maximum speed and scalability, ensuring user input validation, problem solving and participating in the testing, troubleshooting and debugging of Weal apps and code, among other things.
The ideal candidate has the following:
- Owned the primary development of a cross-platform mobile application from idea to deployment.
- Capable of taking the lead in the entire product development life cycle.
- Portfolio: Can demonstrate successful examples of previous hybrid (HTML5)/responsive applications she/he developed and communicate her/his role.
- Capable of evaluation of product requirements and development of solution designs.
- Driven to learn new technologies and understanding industry trends in consumer and mobile products and services.
- Hands-on, with a positive can-do attitude, high integrity, excellent communication skills and a focus on quality.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to understand and solve complex problems.
- Consumer design sensitivity and passion for consumer market
- Knowledge and/or experience with Agile techniques: User Stories, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing
- Experience with Ruby/Rails a plus
- Deployment experience in Play Store and App Store.
We strongly encourage candidates to share portfolios or other recent work relevant to the job description. Weal Life is an equal opportunity employer.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE:
Success within the first 60 days would entail being able to significantly drive the creation of a hybrid mobile application by building on Weal’s designs and wireframes through development and successful deployment in app stores for pilots. Doing this would require developing a deep understanding of our vision, our customers, our users and how our mobile application meets their needs and provides social impact.
Weal Life (www.theweallife.com) is in the business of making it easier for people to take care of one another, especially during times of health crisis, chronic illness, or aging. We are passionate about using technology to make caregiving a less overwhelming, more collaborative, and more joyful experience. Whether you or someone you know has broken a leg or suffered from a stroke, finding help and managing those non-medical needs can be both stressful and isolating—trips to the doctor, meals, walks, prescription pickup, etc.
ABOUT THE TEAM
We are a small startup based in San Francisco and so deeply dedicated to our mission that we incorporated as a pioneering Public Benefit Corporation. Our leadership team has decades of experience in healthcare, technology, social entrepreneurship, law, and private equity. We are assembling a diverse team to build Weal’s beta product, a hybrid mobile application.
To express interest in joining our team, please send a message with your resume and a portfolio of prior work to Keely Stevenson at smile[at]theweallife.com.
Check out our short video for a snapshot of Weal Life: